Whether you are currently in a serious relationship or are seeking a relationship, navigating the complexities of finding and maintaining a meaningful relationship can sometimes seem overwhelming. Listed below are relational issues that might be affecting your life.
- Choosing appropriate partners
- Overcoming problem relationship patterns
- Ending a relationship
- Dating after a divorce
- Intimacy issues
- Recovering from a breakup
- Dating issues
- Communication difficulties
- Commitment issues
- Monogamy issues
- Balancing career
All couples have conflicts or disagreements at times. The difference between a happily married (or otherwise committed) couple and an unhappy union most frequently involves the ability to discuss and resolve those differences in a positive manner that respects the interests and needs of each individual.
Common unhealthy, damaging relationship communications usually include such interactions as:
- Hostility, or verbal or physical attacks on the other person
- Put-downs, name-calling or other contempt for the partner
- Dragging old information or experiences into a current argument
- Defensive responses
- Withdrawal from a disagreement
- Escalating negativity in the relationship
Supportive communication and consistency are essential for the development of a healthy family. It is normal for families to have problems arise on a regular basis but there are times in which these issues suffocate the dynamics. It is key for all the family members to voice their view on the present problems and work together as a cohesive unit to overcome the obstacles at hand.
Issues that are discussed and worked on in family therapy:
- Loss of a family member - Divorce or death of a loved one
- Sibling conflict and child instability
- New members (parental and/or siblings) in the family structure
- Change or undefined family roles
- Family relocation
- Illness of a family member
"It's so relieving to know that are family can overcome such a difficult tragedy. Thank you for guiding us through this challenge."
- Anonymous GCP Family Client
Is it time to make some change?
Call today (800) 969-6791
Couples Counseling & FamilyTtherapy in Los Angeles, adjacent to Century City & Beverly Hills